WSQ CLEANING CHEMICAL HANDLING (LEVEL 2)
Back to All Programs
For more information, please see our courses & schedule calendar.
Interpret the knowledge and identify the appropriate cleaning chemicals for cleaning purposes.
At the end of the Course, Learners will be able to gain the following :
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Relevant regulatory requirements for handling cleaning chemicals are.
- Common chemical safety and hazard symbols and their meaning.
- Effects of cleaning chemicals on various surfaces.
- Types and uses of cleaning chemicals.
- To check and assemble the assigned cleaning chemicals onto the cleaning trolley and/or janitor cart.
- Use assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when handling cleaning chemicals.
- Use cleaning chemicals in accordance with organisational procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure the cleaning chemical used are in its respective suitable containment of containers until cleaning begins.
- Ensure that the cleaning chemical is sufficiently loaded into the cleaning trolley and/or janitor cart before cleaning.
- Replenish cleaning chemicals to prepare for the next cleaning process.
- Report to the appropriate person when work cannot be carried out and/ or incidents occur.
- Handle incidents related to the inappropriate use of the cleaning chemicals in accordance with organisational procedures and regulatory requirements.
- This course will be targeted primarily at entry level or junior workers in the cleaning industry.
- Another target group will be individuals who are currently not in the cleaning industry and are looking at entering the industry.
The job role(s)/ occupation that this course would be relevant to may include:
- General Cleaners
- Employees who are required to use cleaning chemicals during in their work processes.
Written Assessment and Role Playing